This program provides support to families and their children through culturally appropriate, holistic, healing and preventative services. These Services include parenting skills, child development, healing issues, addictions and personal skills development with elders involved in all aspects.
The Family Support Program is community-based and designed to complement the existing community services and resources. It provides support to families and their children through culturally appropriate, holistic, healing and preventative services. These Services address parenting skills, child development, healing issues, addictions and life skills development with Elders involved in all aspects.
- Family Counseling
- Cultural Parenting Education
- Community Referral Intake
- Parent Support Groups
- Information and Referrals
- Life Skills Training (various areas)
- Drop-in Services
- Child Abuse Prevention Education
- Crisis Intervention
- Emergency Food, Clothing & Transportation
The cultural values, beliefs and the ability to address the families and children's physical, emotional, social and spiritual growth are important factors in the positive difference that families learn to incorporate into their life styles.
The Family Support Program Believes:
- Families have the primary responsibility for their children's development and well being and may need culturally sensitive resources and supports that will enable them to fulfill these responsibilities effectively.
- Healthy families are the foundation of a healthy community.
- Emphasis is placed not on the parts that make up a whole family, but on the interrelationships of the parts.
- Children are not viewed as separate from their family, their heritage on their community. Decisions made on behalf of children must consider the ways in which these are all interconnected.
- Ability to match counselor to family.
- Funding for the Program is provided by the Department of Community Resources and Employment.
- EHC has charitable status.
- The program employs eight staff members.
- Maintains various community partnerships.